Divorce and other family law matters can create some of the most emotionally and economically trying times in a person’s life. Bills need to be paid. Children need to be cared for. The disruption to a person’s life and to their children’s lives because of a divorce or other family law matter is significant and is emotionally exhausting. Attorney Mark Smith, of Marks & Smith Law Firm, understands and he strives to help his clients find legal solutions to the many different problems that arise in family law matters. Some of the questions that typically arise in a divorce situation include:
- Do I have to prove fault on the part of my spouse in order to get a divorce?
- Will I have to pay alimony to my spouse?
- Am I entitled to receive alimony from my spouse?
- Who will get the children as the primary custodial parent?
- Am I entitled to visitation rights with my children if I’m not the custodial parent?
- Will I have to pay child support if I’m not the custodial parent?
- How much child support will I be entitled to if I am declared the custodial parent of the children?
- Who will get the cars and the debts that go along with them?
- Who will get the house and the debt that may go along with it?
- Who gets the other properties acquired during the marriage?
- What if I have a property that I acquired before the marriage?
- Who must pay the remaining credit card debts?
- How do we fairly and properly divide the assets acquired during the marriage?
- How do I protect myself if my spouse has been abusive to me?
- Who must pay the attorney fees and costs for the divorce proceedings?
- How long does a divorce take?
- Who gets the 401K account, or the pension plan?
- Am I entitled to receive retirement benefits from my spouse’s pension plan?
Mr. Smith routinely answers the questions listed above as well as many others. Odds are, no matter what your divorce situation or question, he has dealt with your issue before. In addition to divorces, Mr. Smith handles many other family law matters, including modifications of alimony, modifications of child custody and support, paternity actions, and domestic violence injunction hearings.
If you have a divorce or family law question, please call Mr. Smith today for your free initial consultation. Because many divorce and family law matter questions are of an urgent nature, Mr. Smith makes every effort to take your call right away unless he is in court, deposition or other court proceeding. If he cannot take your call immediately, he will make every effort to call you back the same day you call. If your issue is an emergency, please advise the staff at Marks & Smith Law Firm so that they can expedite a return call to you.
We serve clients with legals needs in divorce, child support and child custody issues, alimony and other family law issues in Lake Wales, Winter Haven, Bartow, Fort Meade, Avon Park, Sebring and in other Central Florida cities.