Our philosophy is that everyone needs an estate plan. Such a plan is critical regardless of the size of your assets or your marital status. A carefully constructed, flexible estate plan is useful to avoid excess taxes and to ensure that your wishes are carried out. A will, a Designation of Healthcare Surrogate, a Power of Attorney and, possibly, a trust are essential pieces of estate planning. These documents will make clear who is to have custody of your minor children upon your death and how your assets will be distributed to your heirs. They also ensure that the person of your choosing will make critical decisions for you regarding your medical care and your personal property in the event that you are unable to make those decisions for yourself. We are honored when clients choose our firm to help them with this essential legal planning. Our first step in effective estate planning is listening to your needs and understanding what you want to accomplish through your estate. Once we know your goals, we strive to tailor your plan to suit your situation and your needs.
Andy Hunt will be your partner in estate planning. Mr. Hunt holds a law degree from the Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University, and a Masters of Law in Taxation from the University of Miami. He has more than 20 years of experience helping families with their estate planning needs. His background ensures that he knows how to handle your estate plan to maximize the assets you pass on to your descendants and to minimize tax consequences. He works closely with each client to create a plan that fits his or her current needs and that will adapt to changing life circumstances, such as a divorce or the birth of a child. Mr. Hunt will help your family avoid battles over who gets what and how proceeds from your home, car and other family assets should be distributed.
Estate planning may include:
- A Will
- A Living Will
- A Designation of Healthcare Surrogate
- A Power of Attorney
- Trusts, Charitable Remainder Trusts, Special Needs Trusts
- Gift planning and charitable gift planning
- Establishment of limited liability companies and family limited partnerships
- Estate planning for owners of closely held businesses and professionals as well as business succession planning
- Consideration and advising clients with respect to utilization of life insurance trusts, generation-skipping trusts, revocable and irrevocable trusts and children’s trusts
- Advice concerning estate and gift tax issues
We serve clients with Estate Planning and Probate needs in Lake Wales, Winter Haven, Bartow, Fort Meade, Avon Park, Sebring and in other Central Florida cities.